Importance of a well-designed Patio
People loves stylish patio design nowadays, A few years back, a plain simple patio used to be just fine, but today patios no longer have to be simple, they need to be stylish. By stylish we mean they should be more than paving slabs; their layout and positioning has to provide you with an environment you and your family can enjoy, relax and spend time together. But that will also mean adding a little bit of your personality to the area. But, before you start to discover different stylish patio designs, you need to start with flooring materials that will create the perfect patio for your space.
Stylish patio flooring materials
About 80% of residential patios are made of wood boards, which surprisingly make its own impact on your yard appeal. But today, the situation is changing; there are other excellent and practical flooring materials to make your patio as stylish as you want it to be.
• Concrete- Concrete is very popular today; it’s affordable and can be designed to suit your needs, including adding borders that extend to your outdoor living space.
• Brick- Bricks has been used for years, they are easy to install, very durable and can make your patio match the look and the exact feel of your home.
• Flagstone- Stones are available in different pre-cut sizes, giving a natural elegant addition to your home. If installed right, they can create a rustic feel to your patio, making it appears like it was just there by nature. There are different ways you can suit it to your needs, but the main advantage is that it can complement any home.
• Veneer- veneer offers the same benefits as that of flagstone; the difference is it’s a little lighter.
• Bluestone- this is one of the beautiful hard wearing materials you can use to your patio, comes in varied shades, but they are quite expensive to install because they are basically quarried in Eastern U.S, so shipping cost does add a lot to their cost.
• Pavers – they are sleek and modern and very affordable. However they can only add an old world charm to your patio , but the good thing is they come in different styles and tone so you can just select the one that will suit your outdoor living place.
Adding personality to your patio
As noted previously, a stylish patio will mean adding a little of own personality in your area. That means having vibrant flowers to liven up space with colours, building unique whimsical structures and adding great durable outdoor furniture. You can also add some inexpensive accessories to create a perfect place you can relax with your friends and family.
Other than planting flowers, you can create a unique, stylish pattern with all the elements on your patio. Combine your favourite colours; just make sure they complement one another. Use pastel shades if you like soft and subtle, your patio will still look stylish in design.
There are quite a lot of stylish patio design ideas and the only way to discover all is to have an expert help you have a patio that is functional and stylish.